MagnifiGreen at MSC
The Science Centre strives to promote sustainable practices for its employees and visitors. To achieve this, the centre has implemented several initiatives that focus on reducing carbon footprint and promoting responsible waste management. Some of the sustainability initiatives are:
- Renewable Energy: One-twelfth of energy consumption is generated through solar panels.
- Water Conservation: Sensor-based water taps and recycled water for flushing, promots sustainable water usage and conserves
- Waste Management: Kitchen waste from the Centre’s restaurant is composted; Focus on shifting from paper cups to more eco-friendly alternatives is part of the greener future initiative.
- Sustainable Behaviour Change: A captivating ramp staircase to promote a healthy lifestyle and reduce energy consumption, benefiting both the public and the environment.
- Biodiversity: To promote greenery and biodiversity in an urban setting, the Science garden is developed as an urban forest. It houses a hydroponic system as an innovative green measure, promoting soil less cultivation.
- Air: To track air quality around its premises, an IQ Air monitor has been installed to provide real-time monitoring through a link: https://www.iqair.com/pakistan/sindh/karachi/tdf-magnifiscience-centre
To promote sustainability in the community, MSC offers interactive in-house as well as outreach programs.
Our in-house programs include:
- Green Tour
The Green Tour is a guided tour within and outside the Science Centre, with a focus on exhibits and installations relevant to sustainability. For booking the tour please use: Add Link
- TDF – Nature Series
TDF Nature Series is a collection of stunning documentaries which explores the natural heritage of Pakistan and the delicate balance between living and non-living environmental factors and highlights the impact of human interference.
- Weekend Programs:
Weekend programs are a creative way to make awareness of environmental issues and solutions, fun and educational. Programmes like ‘Climate Change for Kids’ and ‘Carbon Adventure Game’ can instil a sense of environmental responsibility from a young age by making the process enjoyable.
- Climate Change – Inhouse Program:
In-house program includes engaging activities, the ‘Nature Scavenger Hunt’, combined with interactive ‘Animal Super Power’ temporary exhibition to nurture the passion of learning biodiversity among youngsters.
Following are our outreach programs:
- TDF – Nature Series Dissemination:
The TDF Nature Series documentaries are also offered for free screenings to schools and organizations. More on: https://www.dawoodfoundation.org/nature-series/
- Climate Change – Outreach Program:
As part of an outreach program, a fun Seed Ball Making activity for schools and organizations upon request is arranged. This activity helps in becoming a part of a solution for restoring our planet’s natural beauty.
Waste Management Trainings for Schools:
To conduct our Outreach Programmes at your schools or organizations, please contact us at email@example.com
The Eco Corner in the Centre’s souvenir shop offers a range of high-quality, eco-friendly products that promote environmentally conscious lifestyles, such as seed balls, recycled bags, and planters.
We also propose to augment our online presence with monthly blogs dedicated to promoting sustainable solutions. These blogs can be crafted by our esteemed employees and aspiring students alike, and serve as learning material for the general public.